Sr. Researcher, Tactical Intelligence
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
The CrowdStrike OverWatch Outreach Organization is seeking a motivated professional with the technical and communications skills to demonstrate thoughtful leadership to CrowdStrike customers and in the Cyber Security communities the threat landscape visible through Falcon Telemetry.
This role will be focused on communicating detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon Endpoint platform through tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors impacting our customer base. If you are proficient in either network/host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics or cyber threat intelligence, and you want to gain real-world experience in dealing with advanced threat actors (be they nation-state, criminal, hacktivist or other), we have a role for you!
The role will be in a cutting-edge position to work with our threat-hunting and security response teams regularly facing off against sophisticated threat actors. We would like to hear from you if:
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
- You have a good understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research;
- You can demonstrate experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics or malware handling.
- You are comfortable assessing cyber threat intelligence, open source intelligence or industry reporting.
- You are looking for a dynamic, fast-paced and challenging role in an unconventional team environment.
- You are capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders.
- You have build and led small teams or organizations with the express purpose of demonstrating improvement in the cyber security industry.
- You have previously communicated or been published by presenting at conferences, forums and have demonstrated previous evidence of independent thought leadership in the cyber community through blogs and other written forms.
- You are proficient in English both written and spoken.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Knowledge of operating systems other than Windows (Unix, Mac);
- You have knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- You have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows administrative tools.
- Experience in a security operations center or similar environment tracking threat actors or responding to incidents;
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in the Cyber Security Field.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or comparable work experience.
- Ability to convey complex or difficult technical concepts to audiences with varying levels of technical ability.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.