Procore is looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our Data Division. In this role, you’ll help build Procore’s next generation construction data platform for others to build upon including Procore developers, analysts, partners, and customers.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you’ll partner with other engineers and product managers across Product & Technology to develop data pipelines capabilities that enable the movement, transformation, and retrieval of data for use in analytics, machine learning, and service integration. To be successful in this role, you’re passionate about building systems and tools for other teams to use. You will use distributed systems including storage, streaming, and batch data processing technologies on the cloud, with a strong bias for action and outcomes. If you’re a seasoned data engineer excited about building our next generation data platform and translating problems into pragmatic solutions that open up the boundaries of technical possibilities—we’d love to hear from you!
This position reports into the Manager, Data Pipeline and can be based in any of our US offices or remote. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the design and implementation of our next generation data pipelines for the construction industry
- Actively participate with our engineering team in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical gaps in our self service data pipeline tool by running proof of concepts and experiments
- Work alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, leveraging your experience and expertise in the data space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools
- Help uplevel teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
- Stay up to date with the latest data technology trends
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred, or comparable work experience
- 8+ years of experience building and operating cloud-based, highly available, and scalable data platforms and pipelines supporting vast amounts of data
- Understanding of data access patterns, streaming technology, data validation, data modeling, data performance, cost optimization
- Strength in commonly used data technologies and languages such as Java or Scala, Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Kubernetes, or similar
- Experience with a diverse set of SQL and NoSQL DB technologies like PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Neo4j, DynamoDB, etc
- Strong passion for learning, always open to new technologies and ideas
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.