Staff Data Scientist at Realtor.com
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data everyday and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify home buying/selling and help more people achieve buy and live in their dream home on our realtor.com website and mobile apps.
We seek a Senior Data Scientist to join our Monetization team and help take it to the next level. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development of a problem to put it in production. This includes creating queries and ETLs to retrieve the data from multiple sources, exploratory data analysis and statistical insights of the data, modeling the data, and deploying the models into a production setting. You will serve as an expert in algorithms that you develop - representing the team to external stakeholders.
- Understand the business and data models to effectively query data
- Effectively partner with product and engineering teams to build new data driven and machine learning based features for enriching the consumer experience of home shoppers, renters and sellers.
- Create ETL pipelines to get the required data in a format ready for downstream tasks.
- Perform exploratory analysis on realtor.com’s wealth of data.
- Develop predictive, explanatory models and machine learning algorithms.
- Design and build data science solutions to drive revenue growth, customer retention and support strategic decision making.
- Generate descriptive visualizations and presentations to communicate insights.
- Drive A/B & multivariate tests and design of experiments to facilitate testing of new product and design features, with focus on improving engagement, retention, and conversion.
- Help improve the scope of our data sets by identifying new data collection and procurement opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Deploy trained model artifacts to AWS.
- Participate in code reviews and adhere to the team’s coding standards.
- Work with a sense of ownership and urgency, advocate for experimentation based, agile culture.
- Drive a project forward given just a problem and mission statement.
- PhD/MS in computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research or related fields and 2 years of relevant experience in data science, machine learning or applied statistics or a BS in related fields with 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with Machine Learning, NLP and data mining tools and underlying algorithms.
- Experienced in Python, R, Spark or other languages and frameworks appropriate for large scale analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Working experience with relational databases (SQL) and large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker and AWS and taking a prototype into production is preferred.
- Experience with git and github is preferred.
- Experience with experiment design and A/B and multivariate tests.
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.