Staff Engineer- Microservice Architecture at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is looking for a Staff Engineer- Microservice Architecture to work alongside with business stakeholders, product owners, software engineers, DevOps, and software verification engineers to deliver on our mission to bring genetic information into mainstream medical practice across the world. You will have a lead role in defining a scalable, localizable version of our existing oncology diagnostic product.
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Establish, maintain, and review architectural models with a focus on microservices in a cloud environment
- Provide leadership in adherence to processes (i.e., design walk through and approval processes, Platform / System documentation, change management, SDLC, etc.)
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment for cloud platform projects
- Support and mentor less experienced technical staff
- Cloud solution and data architecture experience (preferable AWS)
- Strong understanding of SOA, bounded contexts, domain analysis, object-oriented analysis and design, and client/server systems
- In depth knowledge and understanding of container and microservices technologies and related architectures
- Experience with Agile, DevOps and continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Hands-on experience with: Python, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, and configuration management tools
- Localization experience using web app frameworks such as Vue, React, Angular, etc.
- Hands-on experience with OAUTH/XACML
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired
- FDA related product development a plus
Office is located in Boulder, Colorado. 100% remote position
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.