Staff Operations Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
Khoros is seeking a Staff Operations Engineer to add to our Engineering team. The mission of a Staff Operations Engineer is to be an expert in all areas of our infrastructure, from AWS to kubernetes to our datastores, and to help lead a team of talented operators.
The ideal candidate is somebody with years of experience building, operating, and managing modern cloud architectures and infrastructures, ideally with a focus on container orchestration tools like Kubernetes. Additionally, they bring deep knowledge and expertise in datastores such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka and MySQL. They also understand the importance of continuous observation and monitoring of the entire platform and being the place where problems are solved, not passed off.
We’re a team that believes in working and growing together with kindness - you should believe in that too.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and managing infrastructure projects
- Mentoring and growing team members
- Consulting with engineering on their infrastructure needs
- Remaining hands-on-keys with technical work, such as maintaining AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of operational experience in a cloud environment
- 8+ years of experience with datastores such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and MySQL
- 4+ years of experience as team lead
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience managing and maintaining AWS infrastructures