Team Lead Analytics at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGIC | ANALYTICS GURU | CUSTOMER CHAMPION
As the Team Lead Analytics you will guide strategic projects, engage with departmental heads and prioritize analytical work for our Go-to-Market teams at A Cloud Guru (Sales & Customer Experience) . Your role will involve managing and mentoring a small team of analysts, building data products, and working with our operations team to ensure accurate and effective delivery. If you think about data as a product you’re delivering to consumers, enjoy building and mentoring analysts, and delivering excellent and accurate analyses to stakeholders then this role is for you.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Business Operations team awesome...
We’re the brainy bunch of number-crunchers and magic-makers that keep the lights on and serve as shepherds of A Cloud Guru's culture. Our to-do list is big, and so is our to-learn list. Continued learning is key for us at ACG, not just for us to do our jobs better but to better understand our students. We ensure that the people at ACG have the tools and data they need to best serve our students.
- So fresh, so lean We use cutting-edge tools and fresh approaches to tackle colossal challenges.
- Be a valued partner Other teams value our work and trust us to help them.
- No niche roles Develop professionally and have an enormous impact quickly in a nimble, agile team.
- Growth opportunities We’re getting bigger, but we think and act fast. This is a safe place to learn and experiment.
We’re deeply involved with the departments we support. We become extensions of the team. Partners. We don't just pull reports and analyze data. We’re involved contributors who participate and care about the departments we support. – Meredith, Meditation Guru (and Sales Enablement Lead)As a Analytics Lead for our Go To Market team at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build out a data product for high performing teams at a fast growing start-up
- Bring your expertise with sales, customer experience, and product data tools to build amazing stories and insights for our internal teams
- Work with awesome tech including Looker, AWS, DBT, Marketo, Zendesk, Salesforce and more
- Contribute to the success of our end customers, sales teams, and customer success teams
- Thoughtfully answer internal customers questions and needs while contributing to the greater analytics codebase at A Cloud Guru
- Grow and up-level a team of analysts
- Show the ROI and importance of our product to our customers based on usage and interactions with our platform
- Work closely with our product team, analysts, and data engineers to implement new data sources in a structure that’s useful for business teams
- Identify the compelling trends across disparate sources of usage data, sales activity data, customer success activity data, and other sources
- Effectively prioritize requests from stakeholders to provide predictable and quality delivery
- Work through requirements to find the core of the requests and build them into a polished and usable reporting suite
- Proactively seek out new stories and data to build into our delivery process
- Pick up our SFDC processes and database quickly and execute quickly
- Work through SQL, BI, and spreadsheet with no hesitation, it’s not the tool that matters it’s picking the right one to get the job done
- Treat data as a product to deliver on a holistic vision of a reporting, alerting, and business value add suite of tools
- Understand complex analytical models and topics and relay them to business users in a consumable non-technical way
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 7+ Years of analytics experience
- 4+ years of experience working with sales, marketing, or customer success teams
- 1+ years of management or team lead experience
- Experience working directly with database technology and a BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, etc.)
- Familiar with salesforce API data output and troubleshooting and making useful CRM systems using documentation and subject matter experts
- Experience and passion telling stories through data
- Experience using data to show ROI
- Python experience preferred (1+ years applied)
- Excellent presentation, critical thinking, and time management skills
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.