Technical Data Analyst - Products at Levelset
What are we looking for?
You are highly analytical and excited about applying quantitative frameworks to solve business and product development problems through complex analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, business forecasting, and applied statistics. You are comfortable with presenting your approach to Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to execute a data-driven product development process.
ResponsibilitiesA Technical Data Analyst, Products at Levelset is responsible for connecting feature improvements to outcomes and measuring progress to inform product decision making and prioritization. You will also establish and monitor key product engagement metrics through reporting dashboards and data visualizations.
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Work within a cloud data warehouse environment (AWS Redshift) to collect and extract large data sets
- Structure and link large data sets to find patterns and actionable insights for product usage and user behaviour data
- Interpret data patterns across A/B tests to optimize feature adoption and user engagement
- Leverage web analytics to provide insights and recommendations to improve product user experience
- Manage a data ecosystem including ETL, data governance, reporting and insights (experience with ELK stack preferred, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Data Solutions & Recommendations
- Partner with Data Science, Product, TPM, Data Engineering and Software Engineering teams to recommend solutions based on data findings
- Consults with internal stakeholders to understand user needs to interpret data findings and develop features and solutions
- Present and communicate packaged analytical results to key product management and engineering stakeholders
- Inform, influence, and execute new data product strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- Reporting Processes
- Build scalable data-driven processes to increase predictability of data product development impact
- Establish a framework and vision for ingraining product and customer analytics (user engagement) into the product organizations decision making process
- Establish a centralized reporting systems and architecture specifically for the data product organization
- Work with internal product and engineering teams on a regular basis to provide updates on KPIs and identify areas of potential improvement
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Statistics or similar technical field
- 3+ years of Excel and SQL experience
- 3+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- Development experience in at least one programming language (Python, R, PHP)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or other product analytics tools like Segment, MixPanel, or Amplitude
- Experience with reporting systems and data pipeline architecture
- Highly analytical problem-solving experience
- Communication experience in articulating issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
- Potential H1-B Visa sponsorship opportunities (as needed)
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.