OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
Movoto Real Estate is the fastest growing top 5 residential real estate site used by 650,000 buyers and sellers daily. As we scale for rapid growth, we are looking for a Technical Lead - Data Pipelines to lead a global team of Data Engineers to enable Movoto to provide the most comprehensive, accurate and timely data, and build advanced data analytics products to enable data-enhanced decision support. You will provide technical leadership for the team and help them establish strong engineering discipline while taking an idea from concept to completion.
The OJO Talent Acquisition team is on the search for a Technical Lead - Data Pipelines for our residential search site, Movoto. Movoto + OJO brings scale, opportunities to solve unique problems, and the ability to drive significant outcomes for the organization. Thank you for your interest!
We are currently open to candidates out of California, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
What you'll do:
- Hire, lead and grow global Data Engineering team in realizing Movoto data architecture
- Take hands on approach and lead design discussions and reviews
- Partner with Product team in defining and executing on the vision, strategy and roadmap of managing MLS and other Property related data
- Partner with the Analytics team in defining and executing on the vision, strategy and roadmap of Data Analytics solutions.
- Execute multiple projects by utilizing Agile SCRUM methodologies for continuous delivery.
- Engage with cross functional leaders to remove obstacles for their teams, deliver on stated goals and influence the way of working between teams.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers located globally.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of overall professional experience is required. A Master's Degree is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of experience leading Data Engineers and 10+ years as Software or Data Engineer
- Built development teams and led them toward a big vision and consistent execution through mentoring, coaching, retrospectives, and feedback loop.
- Proficiency in building and productionizing Data Pipelines using Python or Java or Scala is required
- Proficiency in building Data Warehouse and Dashboards is required
- Proficiency in building MLS and other Property Data Pipeline will be highly desirable.
- Prior experience in Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS is a must
- Experience working with Development & Integration partners and other vendors.
- Strong analytical abilities, growth/metrics orientation, and problem-solving acumen.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented approach to handling multiple projects under tight deadlines.
What does Movoto have to offer?
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 100%/75% premium coverage for employees/dependents
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D and Disability, FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Engagement Events
- PetPlan (10-15% off premiums)PerkSpot – exclusive corporate discounts
- Rocket Lawyer Legal Benefits and more!
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.