Technical Lead - Data Platform at Invitae
Invitae is a healthcare technology company with the mission of bringing genetic information into mainstream medicine, empowering patients and doctors to make better medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of innovative projects to turn the complexity of genomics into practical insights. If you want to advance healthcare and improve the lives of billions of people, join us!About Us
Ciitizen and Invitae have joined forces as of September 2021. Together, we are combining the power of genetic and clinical health data to advance medical care and research. Our unique platform enables patients to collect, digitize, and organize their health data. We're helping patients with cancer and other diseases to easily participate in the latest research and clinical trials, and to receive the best treatments.
Ciitizen was founded by serial entrepreneur and former Head of Health at Apple, Anil Sethi. It began with the idea that anyone should have easy access and control of their own health data.About This Role
This is a software development leadership role passionate about building an enterprise quality data platform. As a Technical Lead, your goal will be to design and build a secure, resilient, and auto scaling data platform that provides multifaceted data that is easy to manage.
You will have a proven track record of using software engineering and leadership skills to deliver high quality software on time, leverage defined metrics to deliver status and progress reports to all customers and partners, and deliver executable technical roadmaps to the product management and software development teams. You will oversee and mentor a team of software engineers thereby improving the productivity of the team.Key Deliverables
- On time and high quality software that meets the business needs
- Prioritized and correctly sized technical roadmaps based on the product roadmap
- Robust and well documented technical designs and key data models
- Tracking and reporting on key software development metrics to all internal and external customers
- Be hands-on with production code and drive technical excellence
- Execute to a roadmap and prioritize tasks within the teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Mentoring development staff to ensure continual software engineering skill improvements and career growth
- Collaborate with technical and product teams to ensure high value software development deliverables
- Facilitate problem solving across teams and groups
- Translate business requirements across the company to best-in-class experiences
- 2+ years Leadership positions motivating and guiding team members in an agile development environment
- Experience with designing, implementing, and supporting a data platform including data processing and data access
- Experience designing software targeting ease of administration and support
- Significant experience in Java programming required
- Technical experience designing and building cloud and microservice-based architectures
- Demonstrable experience shipping enterprise scale software for external clients
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
Join us!Our Culture
- Growth Mindset
- Team above the individual
- Radically honest communication
- Freedom with accountability
- Transparency and data-informed action
- A sense of urgency
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.