As an ESO Technical Writer, you will serve as a primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer technical/security information requests are completed in a timely fashion, including drafting technically accurate responses and documentation. ESO customers gain a detailed understanding of our products and how those products will function in their specific environments, usually through detailed questionnaires they provide. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to ensure received questionnaires are logged, and responses are drafted and/or reviewed for accuracy and consistency to professional standards. In support of the Security Compliance Program, you may assist in managing security policies and procedures, risk assessment activities, and drafting documentation in support of the foregoing.
This role will report to the Director of Security Compliance as part our Legal (Compliance) team. You will be working across all products and preferably be based in our Austin office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You will oversee the technical information regarding ESO products and systems provided to customers as an essential part of our product sales cycle. The information you provide about ESO will ensure customers understand how our products will operate and perform within their infrastructure from a technical and security point of view, and draft and refine documentation in support of those efforts.
· You will support the Security Compliance Program
· You will have primary responsibility for managing incoming customer requests for security information (questionnaires and assessments)
· You will work with ESO teams (sales, engineering, product, and IT) to collect, organize, and refine information as identified/requested
· You will support the timely drafting completion of submitted questionnaires and assessments (and related product and security documentation) to a professional standard consistent with ESO’s mission
· You will gain and maintain an understanding of ESO’s products and systems, and stay apprised of new product features
· You will maintain a repository of answers by product to be used as reference material for future requests and assist in training others
· You will review assessments completed by others to ensure completion, accuracy, and consistency of answers provided to a professional standard consistent with ESO’s mission
Who You Are - the essentials
· You have a good technical understanding of cloud environments, capabilities, products, and services
· You have a strong understanding of IT security concepts, practices, methods, and tools
· You have a good technical understanding of how software, web applications and SaaS environments work
· You have a general understanding of industry standards for compliance such as NIST, HIPAA/HITECH, and SOC 2 Type II requirements
· You quickly learn how products function and translate that information into questionnaire and assessment responses
· You pay attention to detail, accept accountability and ownership
· You are organized with an ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously
· You have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
· You are willing to perform other duties as needed
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· Training in IT security controls – either through work experience or educational work
· IT audit or similar experience in evaluating products and identifying controls
· Possess or actively seeking information security certifications such as CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, or an equivalent
· Have working within the Microsoft Azure environment
· Ability and willingness to produce and maintain documentation and status reports
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description