Transaction Coordination Associate—Acquisitions
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Transaction Coordination Associate is a key contributor to the growing Acquisitions team who helps facilitate the acquisition of targeted single family residential properties. The Associate will work in coordination with many of our business partners (full Acquisitions team, Accounting, Closings, Real Estate agents, and Escrow companies) during the transaction of real estate and effectively manage negotiations with outside Agents as well as administrative tasks involved in closing a property acquisition.
- Close coordination with the Underwriting Analysts to produce optimal bids for acquisition targets and employ negotiation with outside Agents when needed
- Data entry
- Handle inbound and out calls with title companies, real estate agents
- Maintain / manage active files
- Follow deadlines and ensure compliance within the timelines
- Perform additional duties as requested or assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in real estate contracts, title and escrow, or mortgage origination
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Customer service focused and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Look for innovative ways to improve our business
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!