We're seeking a Valuations Analyst to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, more streamlined and customer-centric home buying and selling experience.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their existing one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they are going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to empower customers and their agent partners to buy before they sell while making the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are building our team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business.
Homeward is backed by top-tier venture investors - Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised over $25 million in equity to grow the business, and have secured over $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology spaces.
About the opportunity
The Valuations Team is responsible for quickly and accurately valuing the homes associated with every transaction, while actively managing the duration and quality risk of Homeward’s entire portfolio of homes.
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for reviewing market data and making comparable home selections to predict home sales prices. The role will include regular analysis of historical valuation accuracy and coordination with our network of in-market agents to obtain price opinions that drive home value analysis, ultimately ensuring that Homeward accurately estimates the sale value of its customers existing homes and avoids overpaying for new homes.
This position will challenge your ability to establish and implement complex operational processes while working cross-functionally with other critical teams including operations, sales, product, engineering, and customer experience among others.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting residential real estate value estimates within established turn times and accuracy thresholds
- Coordinating with vendors that provide key valuations data and analytics
- Collaborating with operations and sales teams to ensure we deliver a high quality customer experience
- Identify risk factors associated with a property and quantify the estimated exposure
- Performing regular portfolio analysis and sharing insight
- Presenting analysis and insights in a clear and concise manner
- 3+ years of residential real estate experience, preferably as an agent or property inspector
- Familiarity with residential real estate transactions, including the MLS
- Working knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Excellent analytical and judgement skills
- Ability to work independently while coordinating with multiple departments
- Prior experience valuing residential real estate a plus
- The drive to be apart of innovation and a growing team