Vice President, Data Science & Analytics
HomeAway seeks a leader with a global mindset to be our Vice President of Data Science and Analytics. In this role, you will lead our large and growing organization through optimization of our marketplace and ongoing efforts to drive product and marketing decision-making using econometrics and data science. You will play a key role in driving programmatic initiatives throughout every aspect of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with executive leadership on HomeAway’s strategy.
- Work across the broader Expedia Group technology leadership to define and optimize our data science and business intelligence strategy.
- Build and lead a large, deeply talented team of data scientists, analysts, statisticians, developers and economists.
- Oversee ongoing development and deployment of a robust A/B testing framework based on sampling and hypothesis testing techniques.
- Generate huge return on investment by using Machine Learning techniques to increase marketplace and advertising efficiencies.
- Build novel technology features such as automated ad delivery systems and chatbots.
- Push data science to throughout our business, including but not limited to:
- Ranking and relevance.
- Automated content summarization and generation.
- Personalization and segmentation.
- Computer vision, including virtual and mixed reality.
- Financial forecasting.
- Media mix modeling, data driven attribution supporting TV, SEM, Display, Social.
- Pricing and yield management.
This role requires you to have extraordinary interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to inspire and engage multi-functional teams in a complex and rapidly evolving environment. You lead by example, encouraging and inspiring your teams to build creative solutions at scale. You’ll be expected to foster a culture of trust, living and breathing our values of: Scientific Mindset, Openness, One Team, Participation and Mastery.
Who you are:
- A senior Data Science leader with a growth mindset and experience leading large global teams of 50-100 people.
- Expert knowledge in Artificial Intelligence; Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, etc.
- Ability to quickly develop, foster and influence relationships as well as navigate large complex organizations (across HomeAway and Expedia Group brands).
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills with ability to convey the data science strategy and vision to the executive team and our customers.
- Ability to strategically guide and influence teams to apply the right machine learning, statistical or econometric model to solve HomeAway’s most important business challenges.
- Thought leader with domain expertise in digital advertising, ranking systems and e-commerce marketplaces.
- Sharp business insight with knowledge of financial accounting, financial forecasting and profit/loss management.
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, , etc. OR Bachelor’s of Science with substantial direct e-commerce marketplace experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.