VP, Engineering & Data Science at SparkCognition
- Make informed, high quality decisions about the product strategy and work closely with Operations to shape our AI driven Government solution offerings
- Retain, attract, and lead a diverse, inclusive, and increasingly distributed engineering team that can meet and exceed company goals in service of our mission.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other stakeholders to continuously deliver value to our customers
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, with a mindset for raising the bar with continuous improvement
- Manage complex technical projects and drive them to outcomes in a highly collaborative environment
- Keep senior management informed of progress and any obstacles impeding the successful implementation of product roadmaps and other departmental activities thru online tracking systems, status reports, presentations, etc.
- Recruit, develop, and motivate multiple high performing teams of engineers and data scientists.
- Responsible for the long-range direction of program engineering/technology strategy.
- Direct the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of program-wide technology and products.
- Provide a clear vision of where the SGS solutions and technology will be over the next 12, 18, and 24 months
- Masters' in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years in an Engineering or Data Science leadership role, preferably working on a Big Data and/or SaaS product directly with the US Government
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or an MPP environment
- Deep understanding of the product life cycle as it relates to startup software development
- Demonstrated success in working with Product and Sales teams to provide capacity planning for the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience
- Strong can-do attitude, thrives in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must be a hands-on leader who will roll up their sleeves when needed and jump in to help others
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance and be a U.S. Citizen
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of the Government customer base and architecture infrastructure
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Knowledge of natural language processing, IOT and edge computing
- Experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, REST, Angular JS, Java/C#, Python, SQL and no-SQL databases
- Expertise in R, Python or similar Machine Learning languages/packages
- Experience with Machine Learning, NLP, Big Data Analytics, and Graphing techniques a plus
- TS/SCI security clearance