Brand Design Lead
BigCommerce, named Austin's “Top Places to Work” in 2017 is looking for a Brand Design Lead. As the Brand Design Lead at BigCommerce, you will be responsible for defining and governing the visual communications standards for the BigCommerce brand across our entire ecosystem. This role is critical to ensuring familiarity of our brand across all touch points—from awareness to conversion for all of our communication channels. In this position you will play a strategic role in planning campaigns and evolving our brand over time. You will be trusted to define and proliferate the guidelines that ensure all of our design teams can successfully execute our creative vision while still meeting conversion and usability best-practices. This is a hands-on design position where you can expect to spend at least half of your time designing.
What you’ll do:
- Partner directly with marketing leadership to define novel creative concepts for our brand campaigns.
- Support content creation activities by identifying vendors, providing creative oversight, providing post-production support if necessary, and organizing and managing assets.
- Deliver brand guidelines, templates and toolkits that define the BigCommerce brand experience we expect from our designers, vendors and partners.
- Provide creative leadership and oversight to the broader marketing design team to ensure they are appropriately leveraging our brand design toolkit.
- Help govern the quality of our various brand expressions across the company.
- In partnership with our people and facilities teams, define our employer brand and environmental expression of our brand.
- Take full ownership of your work, including managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of new and changing templates and guidelines.
- Depending on your interests, there is the opportunity to contribute to the visual UI of our product.
- Deliberately focused. You are passionate about compelling visual design being a critical component of any great strategy. You are happiest maintaining a visual focus across a broad range of functional areas.
- Emotionally attuned. You understand how to craft work that elicits the appropriate emotional response in your audience.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and the flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the brand desirable and usable.
- Results oriented. You understand that creative work also serves a functional purpose and work tirelessly to ensure your designs are as performant as they are beautiful.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize.
- Team-oriented. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Who you are:
- 5+ years working as a visual designer. Experience working in-house for a B2B service or product organization is a major plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to advocate for your preferred solution in a measured and objective manner.
- Demonstrated excellence delivering integrated multi-channel campaigns that support and enable sales/marketing goals.
- Experience working directly with photographers and videographers to produce campaign assets.
- Experience partnering with front-end developers to implement your designs.
- Experience coaching and leading other designers.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, marketing channels, ecommerce experiences, and UI.
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, PowerPoint and Keynote. Basic understanding of Craft, Hubspot, JIRA and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Previous experience working on responsive and international/multi-locale sites is a plus.
BigCommerce was founded with the goal of democratizing ecommerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. We have a solid foundational team and are looking for a strong senior-level designer to help us scale our brand-design toolkit as we also scale our business.
Everyday you’ll get to work with individuals who helped build companies like PayPal, HomeAway, Rackspace and Eventbrite. You’ll solve challenging problems and build game-changing solutions that will help more than 60,000 clients. And you’ll do it all at a hyper-growth company with a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telestra.
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Culture groups including a women’s networking group (Tribe).
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events