Creative Designer at REX
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup founded in Los Angeles. We have offices in Austin, TX, the Bay Area and Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
About the Position
This role fills a critical need for the REX Communications and Marketing teams. The objective of this role will be to improve our visual presence in paid advertising, social media, landing pages, and earned media. The goal is to increase awareness and conversion rates, as well as overall awareness of the REX brand, It will primarily focus on digital elements, but will encompass offline creative like print and billboard as needs arise.
- Produce high-converting visual designs—concept to execution both for print and digital
- Take initial creative direction and quickly translate those into usable assets
- Create new banners ads, email creative, social media graphics, landing pages and print designs as needed
- Use data and conversion results to iterate on designs and tests
- Have experience creating work that translates across desktop and mobile
- Help us create consistency in our creativity
- Be comfortable with basic UI/UX concepts
- Work closely with team members to understand timelines and prioritize output
- Work with developers to support the creation of an automated tool to scale creative design across thousands of properties
Experience & Qualifications
- Expertise in visual design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with quick design tools like Bannersnack and Canva
- Know IAB standards like the back of your hand
- Ability to take feedback and adjust accordingly
- Basic image retouching/cloning
- General understanding of how to work with responsive design
Nice to Have
- Experience with landing page mock-ups
- Video editing skills
- Experience creating infographics for social and SEO objectives
- Design experience with national consumer brands
- General understanding of HTML
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company