RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Product & Design team at RigUp is building a platform of products and services to better serve the evolving needs of the people working in energy. On this team, Brand Design is responsible for crafting compelling designs that communicate our product value and purpose to inspire energy workers, employees, and the best tech talent.
RigUp is hiring a Creative Director that will be responsible for shaping our brand as we continue to expand on our company mission. The Creative Director will lead and mentor our growing team of visual designers, while being directly responsible for the success of the various projects that they manage and oversee. Working closely with cross-functional leaders, the Creative Director ensures that our brand is effective, cohesive, and evolving in maturity. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a proven track record of creating conditions where excellent design work can happen, while continuing to work directly on design projects. They have experience establishing best practices for design collaboration, partner effortlessly with cross-functional leaders, and aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate as a strategic partner and design leader on projects that will reshape the RigUp brand.
- Conceptualize and develop thoughtful campaigns, experiences, and branded materials that address project goals.
- Clearly articulate and iterate on the RigUp brand and its narrative.
- Establish workflows that enable designers to effectively manage their workload and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Set team goals and vision.
- Build strong relationships internally to help identify new opportunities for design to create impact.
- Recruit, develop, and motivate a team that is invested in our mission.
What you should have:
- Experience managing creative teams with a track record of shipping inspiring, well-crafted work across mediums
- Experience delivering compelling stories
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing exceptional design and successful marketing campaigns
- Experience in-house within a product org is a plus
- Working across consumer, business, global and internal audiences a plus
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description