We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the Visual Content team
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Visual Content Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s templates team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.
About Canva Studio
The Canva Studio is part of our Visual Content team, creating templates for our many global partners that use Canva on their platforms. Working with clients is Canva Studio’s specialty, and this team forms an exciting bridge between our many partners and their success on Canva. We work directly with global clients to integrate, educate and enable them to use Canva in the best possible way. Our team of creative professionals provide strategic guidance, facilitate engaging educational opportunities, launch compelling campaigns, and even create assets to enable a client's internal teams to use Canva with ease. Canva Studio contributes directly to Canva’s business success by helping acquire, retain and grow partners on the platform.
About the Role
As a Creative Lead for the Canva Studio Enterprise team you will help us onboard our growing client base onto the Canva platform through high-quality design, creative strategy and education. The Creative Lead will partner with the Sales and Success teams to evaluate client needs across design and education, and empower the Studio team of designers to deliver their best work. As a lead on the Canva Studio team, you will be responsible for building strong relationships with your internal stakeholders to align on team goals, ways of working and other processes to ensure a fruitful and collaborative environment for the team. You will be integral to the success of a client’s journey transitioning onto Canva and be responsible for our team’s commitment to delivering top quality designs, campaigns and interactions to our clients.
We are looking for a seasoned creative who not only lives and breathes design, but a process-driven problem solver who can keep the team on track and our clients wowed with our service. You are undoubtedly charismatic and are energized by design. You thrive on empowering a team of designers and providing them the space to do their best work. Ideally you will come from a creative agency and/or tech background having worked with a wide range of clients. You are not only creative at your core, but you are a leader who stays organized and has a track record of building great relationships. You will have led and executed the delivery of many print & digital campaigns or projects.
- Communicating directly with exciting global clients and partners
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Partnering with leadership (Sales, Studio, Product) to maintain overall Canva Studio vision and evolve the enterprise offering as needed
- Provide strategy, education and design support to multiple clients
- Enable, support, and unblock your team of art directors, senior and junior designers
- Partner with Ops to maintain clear overview of team roadmap, capacity and resourcing
- Ensuring an impeccable design standard and output from the design team
- Work with team leads to support your own growth and development
- Support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement
Experience you’ll have
- 8+ years experience in the design industry, with 2+ years of that spent in a leadership role such a creative director, design director or design lead/manager
- Experience working directly with clients, able to strategize and lead clients to solutions for their design needs
- Experience leading a team of designers, and providing professional support and development for creatives
- Experience building strong relationship with clients and internal teams
- An eagerness to work with other team leaders on refining our systems and offering
- A love for design and creativity with a great eye for design and an extensive knowledge of - and adhering - to brand guidelines
- The ability to write simple and clear briefs, with experience in seeing those briefs through with your team from start to finish
- Able to communicate your vision for quality to other designers effectively
- A strong portfolio demonstrating the projects you have worked on and how you developed them
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.