Design Manager - Product Marketing at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Design Lead - Marketing
PORTFOLIO REQUIRED – please submit/attach link and required passwords if required, to be considered
About the opportunity:
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. The Brand Design team plays a central role by partnering closely with the Product Marketing & Demand Generation campaigns teams to 1) help take new and existing products to market, and 2) develop creative strategies that help fuel growth campaigns.
As a Design Lead within the marketing team, you’ll be the owner of the Product Management and Demand Generation campaign design & creative workstreams. While reporting to the Head of Creative & Brand Design, you will work closely with the other design leads on the team to ensure Cloudflare’s product launches and campaigns are on-brand, and fully plugged into our design system.
You will be a senior member of the team - a leader, owning the creative and design execution of large scale product launch and campaign initiatives, and having the opportunity to make a significant impact in helping communicate who Cloudflare and its products are to the world. Since Product Marketing and Demand Generation make up a significant portion of the marketing team’s initiatives, we are looking to bring on a design leader who can work in lockstep with those teams and be a strong creative strategic partner to them.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Be hands on in executing high quality design work, in close partnership with PMM & DemandGen peers, and help bring product launches and campaigns to life with high quality design solutions
- Be a player / manage the team to lead efforts to design for product launches, along with bringing growth campaigns to life in the forms of digital and offline experiences.
- Create, maintain, and update coherent, technical visual systems, diagrams, illustrations, and custom visualizations.
- Be able to demonstrate strong strategic thinking, design direction and attention to detail
- Successfully communicate and present conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale (both verbally and visually) with various stakeholders and executive leadership
- Be able to think (and execute) at a high-level about creative strategy and vision -- not just “how it should look” but “what should we build?”
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 7-10 years experience designing for an agency or in-house design team, with preferable focus in visual storytelling around technical products
- 2-3 years experience managing designers
- Strong visual design portfolio demonstrating a range of work across different medium; emphasis on design work that demonstrates successful product launches and campaign work
- Experience designing across all mediums: web, mobile, email, whitepaper along with offline: tradeshows and events
- An astute attention to detail and care about pixel perfection
- A knack for translating creative strategy into beautiful, and strategically sound designs
- Experience in design against performance-based metrics
- Illustration and editorial design expertise
- Knowledge of animation and web design
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.