Design Operations Manager
The Design team at Vrbo, a part of the Global Product organization, has an exciting opportunity for a Design Operations Manager to make a big impact. In this role, you will drive operational excellence and be actively involved in the coordination and management of geographically distributed teams that are passionate about delivering a premier user experience.
The Design Operations Manager will play an integral part in developing, leading and executing creative process improvement, strategic planning, event coordination and weekly operations. You a professional who is laser focused on executing, building and improving processes that enable our design team to partner with leaders across the global organization, including creative teams, product managers and other business partners seamlessly. You are a creative problem solver, passionate about superb performance through operational excellence and an experienced program manager.
What you'll do:
- You will lead project planning efforts, including documenting scope of work, team building, scheduling, identifying risks and issues, and developing contingency plans, raising issues and tracking budgets
- Plan and execute Product team planning sessions, working with partners across the organization in order to collect priorities from the entire business
- Spearhead company-wide training initiatives, designing and developing compelling creative that drives security awareness through a variety of channels
- Create and execute training, educational programs and onboarding programs in partnership with the Product Operations team.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for intake of work and increased performance across the design team.
- Drive execution and operational planning for the Design teams to drive regular operational readouts including company communications and goal setting.
- You will partner with Product Operations to be actively involved in delivering strategic events.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of combined experience in program/project management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business operations, Marketing, Engineering, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, other related area, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to plan, coordinate and execute large scale meetings
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to communicate persuasively, build strong-relationships, and collaborate with team members.
- Motivated, flexible, with a sharp eye for detail and strong communication skills
- Fluent in balancing multiple priorities and able set communicate and share prioritization with diverse teams across the organization
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with marketing and creative teams
- PMI certification is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.