Design System Lead at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Design System Lead to own the creation and on-going governance of our new design system. In this role, you’ll develop our design system in collaboration with our design team, and establish the framework for design system documentation. You’ll serve as a subject matter expert to designers, engineers and product managers for all things related to the design system.
As a successful Design System Lead, you’re comfortable thinking in terms of systems, connecting and making relationships across multiple teams and experiences. You have experience with design languages and human interface guidelines and are familiar with frameworks, components, and patterns -- ideally as both a designer and system creator. You excel at dealing with ambiguity and love solving ambitious problems in an agile, iterative manner.
This position has the opportunity to be located in either Austin, TX or at our headquarters in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Define the core elements of the Procore Design System, specifying UX, visual, interaction and motion elements as well as documenting behaviors and usage guidelines.
- Cultivate internal knowledge around the design system by serving as a subject matter expert to contributing teams who are building additions to the design system.
- Use collaborative leadership skills to facilitate the adoption of the design system and ensure the best outcome for stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience of UX design for digital products
- 3+ years of experience designing products using a design system
- 1+ years of experience overseeing the development or maintenance of a design system
- Self-starter able to work in an agile startup environment with other disciplines in quick design loops
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, with extensive experience in most skill areas, tools, and the UX Lifecycle.
- Experience overseeing other designers and giving actionable design feedback
- Experience leading cross-team efforts and collaborating with engineering, design and product management.
- Detail-oriented with strong knowledge of interaction and visual design as well as familiarity with information architecture; experience designing for all kinds of devices and screens
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience aligning teams and stakeholders by persuasion and influence
Nice to haves:
- Experience as a Visual Designer
- Some light front-end development experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.