Design Technologist at Expedia Group
As a Design Technologist for Vrbo’s Global Experience Design Group, you are the kind of person that makes extraordinary user experiences come to life. You blend UX design and engineering expertise into a single progressive discipline. At Vrbo you will define the standard methodologies and solutions for multiple types of technologies and platforms with an emphasis on responsive web prototyping. Design Technologists work hand-in-hand with our Experience Designers to conceptualize and define the user experience, while partnering with the engineering teams to deliver great experiences and patterns for Vrbo travelers and suppliers. As part of the Vrbo Global Experience Design team, you’ll be empowered and challenged to tap the full range of your skills while being in an environment that fosters growth and development.Is this you?
- You will design and develop technology assets, interactions, motion behaviors and highly finessed experiences for A/B tests and usability tests.
- You will work closely with the Experience Design team members and technology partners to develop prototypes and presentation layer experiences.
- You will provide technical guidance and support for implementation.
- You will participate in both creative and technical evaluations, brainstorms and discussions.
- You will develop a systemic point of view to problem solving and pattern development, while contributing to the development of a signature Vrbo pattern library.
- You are a champion for the team and by working hard, respectfully and humbly, you earn trust and respect from your colleagues and managers.
- You are highly versed and skilled in responsive web (native mobile a plus).
- You don’t believe hierarchies make you a better design technologists, but you want to be rewarded and acknowledged for your great work.
- You are equal part interaction designer and developer.
- You exemplify the design technology role and inspire others by leading a great example.
- MS or BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 5 years experience as a key member of a UI/UX design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle.
- Expert proficiency implementing both macro- and micro-interactions.
- Proficiency with video and audio media for the web.
- Native Mobile IOS or Android a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong verbal, listening and written communication.
- An eye for detail and a desire for performance and craftsmanship.
Portfolio of work that demonstrates detail and attention to typography, layout, color, image and motion behaviors.Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.