At Favor, we’re doing more than providing consumers with the best on-demand delivery experience. We’re building a community of Runners who can work how they want, when they want. And we’re doing all this while helping local businesses grow.
As a result, the customer, Runner, and merchant user experience is paramount. As the Director of Product Design & Research, you will be responsible for the team who creates an unparalleled user experience across all Favor products.
- Own the user experience vision for Favor, and continue to develop and improve the communication and processes designers and researchers use to work efficiently and create user-centric designs
- Manage a team of product designers and product researchers, helping to evolve expertise in product strategy, collaboration, product interface/behavior, and design technology
- Allocate designers and researchers across squads
- Work with product managers, engineering managers, and stakeholders to develop the roadmap and product vision
- Thoughtfully coordinate company-wide communication about design strategy, telling the story of the user experience across our products
- Help larger audiences understand and feel involved in design work, collaborating with leadership and executive teams as needed in design sprints, ensuring that design feedback is heard and addressed
- Impart a user-centric and research-oriented product culture on teams outside of product/engineering, ensuring functional alignment around designs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of UX design or user research experience
- 3-5 years of direct management experience of product designers and researchers
- A track record of delivering great user experiences that lead to great business results
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Thrives while leading in a fast paced, regularly changing environment. You turn chaos into order, and you love doing it. People look to you for guidance in times of turmoil.
- Is most comfortable when there’s too much to do. You aren’t easily overwhelmed and you prioritize tasks naturally. You’re not afraid to focus on one thing at a time when it’s needed.
- Has high dynamic range. You are able to see the big picture but comfortable diving deep into the details. You’re not above rolling up your sleeves and doing the grunt work.
- Loves great products. You are excited by thoughtful design and you appreciate attention to detail and fine craft.
- Shows confidence AND humility. You’re able to make decisions with the wisdom to change course as soon as needed.
- Is able to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals without drama.
At Favor, we believe that to Run Texas, we need to represent Texas. By putting Community First, we honor the diversity of our backgrounds and experiences through sharing our unique voices. Our community grows when we challenge ourselves to learn and see the world from another’s view. We are committed to growing a team with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description