We are looking for a senior design leader to be a driving force in creating world-class experiences that help people find and enjoy a home of their own. This role will partner closely with cross-functional leaders in Product and Engineering to create and execute against our bold vision for transforming the real estate industry. You will be responsible for building, leading, and mentoring a high-performing team of skilled product designers.
This role reports to the the VP of Design
- 10+ years working in design industry
- 5+ years of working in a product-led organization
- 3+ years of managing a team of three or more designers
- A strong visual aesthetic and design point of view, exampled in a rich portfolio
- Experience delivering iteratively with cross-disciplined teams
- Informed and strong opinions, loosely held
- A practitioner of user-centric processes and design thinking principles
- Exemplifies a We, Not Me attitude
- This position will be successful by taking ownership and initiative to up-level product design and user experiences in one of the Company’s key product verticals. There are three areas where this leadership is most required:
- Craft a cohesive and exceptional aesthetic in the product experiences within your vertical, and collaborate across all verticals to ensure consistency
- Create and uphold a high standard for design excellence, and challenge work that does not meet it
- Articulate design with credibility, clarity, and confidence to Product and Engineering leaders as well as other important stakeholders
- Uphold the values and culture through servant leadership, exemplifying daily the high standards we must have to succeed
- Recruit, develop, and challenge a team of designers working on multiple challenges
- Provide managing and mentoring to direct reports, and equip managers to do the same
- Give clear and useable design feedback, and receive it with professionalism and patience
- Actively promote employee growth paths and talent retention
- Provide visibility and accountability for your team’s work
- Build partnerships and trust-based relationships with Engineering and Marketing, as well as other key partners
- Help nurture the efficient use of software tools and user-centric design thinking methodologies
- Contribute to an inclusive culture of design which invites all to contribute
- Work with the VP of Design and other leaders to establish standard design and UX methodologies, and ensure consistent adoption and understanding of such across the team
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.