Director, User Experience Design - Strategy & Research at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Build rapport with partners and team members by leading the team to consistently deliver on key design strategy initiatives such as generative research, UX strategy, and content strategy.
- Define design research and strategy as a discipline at Bright, and act as an evangelist for the value the team produces.
- Collaborate with the product design zone leads and product leadership to assess needs and establish prioritization of strategy and research initiatives.
- Work with the head of Product Design to establish KPIs, hiring goals, and budget requests for the Strategy and Research zone.
- Grow, mature, and nurture the skills of team members.
- Connect with senior product leadership on upcoming initiatives that could benefit from design research and/or experience strategy.
- Stay in lock step with design leadership on research and strategy needs in each of the product zones.
- Develop and maintain processes that help strategy and research operate in the most effective and efficient manner so that the highest quality outputs are received in the shortest amount of time.
- Be an evangelist for design to the rest of the organization, constantly highlighting the human-centered mindset and the value design brings to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work relevant experience.
- Four (4)+ years experience building, leading, and growing teams in a design and/or digital-focused organization.
- Ten (10)+ years experience in the design and/or digital product development field, with portfolio of delivered projects that showcases their strategic thinking skills and ability to execute on the strategies produced.
- Experience leading an in-house team of designers strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing, refining, and scaling processes and ways of working that improve both the quality of work delivered and the pace at which the work is delivered.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team in support of multiple and often varied objectives.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide innovative alternatives to project, product, service or process related solutions as necessary.
- Able to form relationships both horizontally and vertically across the company and to use those relationships to expand the influence of design on various efforts.
- History of intentionally equipping and empowering team members to reach new levels in their career.
- Knowledge and experience of building and scaling a design organization.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.