Director of UX, Platform Experience at Procore Technologies
Procore is looking for a Director of UX, Platform Experience to connect the built world on a single scalable global platform. In this role, you’ll oversee the UX team responsible for creating incredible flexible experiences that allow our customers to manage user identity & profiles, collaborate with others, and craft solutions that complete their business processes while positioning Procore competitively in segments to secure our future growth.
As a critical member of our UX team, you’ll bring a powerful combination of analytical capability, customer journey thinking, and creativity. You’ll be deeply connected with and motivated by our vision to improve everyone’s lives in construction. If you’re interested in helping put Procore at the center of all things construction—apply today!
This position will report to our VP of User Experience and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S location or from our Carpinteria, California headquarters or Austin, Texas office. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Execute Procore’s vision and strategy to connect everyone in construction on a flexible platform, from small specialty contractors in the field to General Contractors and owners alike
- Build working relationships with cross-functional partners across Product, Technology, Customer Success, Marketing, and Corporate Strategy
- Work closely with other UX leaders to strengthen design processes and culture and facilitate a design system centered approach to building experiences in every area of our organization
- Balance design forward-thinking with approachability by designing easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience
- Mentor and coach Designers, giving and receiving feedback to improve outcomes, foster learning, and create the right circumstances and conditions for design to deliver value and for individuals to create meaningful, career-defining work
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience building and delivering successful B2B or Consumer products at scale
- Deep-rooted knowledge and experience as an expert practitioner of multiple design disciplines, including service design, user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, visual design, research, and others
- Ability to seamlessly flip between the language of business and design, setting meaningful goals and objectives for your team while advocating for critical design decisions to company leadership
- Ability to recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence
- Strong example of a servant leader, deploying your team in a way that shares decision making, encourages ownership and autonomy and drives engagement
- Must have experience with modern interface design tooling, including but not limited to Figma, Principle, Flinto, etc
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) is preferred in graphic design, HCI, UX, or a related area of study
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment, and development programs, and friends & family events.