We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our Design Education Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Above all else, Design School aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and:
Communicate complex ideas visually. Design school aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and making them applicable, engaging and accessible to everyone. This person needs to be able to take a complex thing and communicate it simply with visuals. All the while, making sure that it helps our users learn.
Effective at managing multiple projects. As this person will juggle multiple projects and help chart new territory in building out our course structure, they need to be adept at managing their own time and priorities, to get stuff done well and on time.
Adaptive to change. Design School is in its early stages, and with that comes a lot of opportunity to test and learn as well as a lot of moving pieces as we figure out what works best. This person should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
Communicate effectively with various stakeholders. Communication skills are key. This person will need to be able to communicate clearly and work with internal and external parties to create the best online courses and help teach our content.
Learn new skills and adapt to what the role needs. While experience isn’t essential, this person will need to be open to learning new skills, whether that’s basic animation, screenflow tutorials or instructional design. (whatever the job requires!)
What you'll do:
- Work with the Design Education team to build a suite of learning content for Canva for Education users
- Design learning content to drive awareness, usage, and retention among students and teachers in school districts
- Teach content to camera for pre-recorded learning materials
- Facilitate webinars and workshops for district educators
- Coordinate content delivery by district learning consultants
Who you'll be:
- Experience in education: you will be creating content for teachers and students so being able to talk in their language and contextualize Canva for their needs will be a must!
- A strong understanding of educator needs across schools and districts, particularly with classroom practice
- Professional presentation skills to facilitate learning to educators. You’ll be comfortable teaching content to camera for pre-recorded lessons and delivering to small and large groups in workshops and webinar formats
- You'll be working primarily with educational content, and need to be able to translate topics simply and visually in a way that engages the audience and aids their learning
- Systematically think through the learning process and develop relevant instructional material
- Process driven. Able to manage multiple, complex projects, with differing deadlines—keep people on track and informed, and ensure the goals are clear and met
- Experience working with different stakeholders, keeping calm under pressure, working well with others and communicating clearly
- Teaching, content delivery and facilitation experience
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.