Email Designer / Programmatic Developer at Expedia Group
Online portfolio with HTML email examples required to apply.
Vrbo is seeking an Email Designer / Programmatic Developer to join our Creative Department to support our Email Marketing Team and our growing email programs for consumer and homeowner communications. This global position is based in Austin and will work directly with marketing teams spanning Vrbo’s entire brand portfolio. This includes working with team members and marketers in our two main locations (London and Austin).What You’ll Do
- Build, QA and deliver HTML templates; ensure all creative assets are optimized for delivery and performance.
- Design, develop and code new mobile-optimized templates to support new content as needed based on existing templates
- Build trigger-based/programmatic communications that increase our core metrics while reducing our reliance on manual creation
- Apply those designs to our email builder tool for optimization and repeatable email creation
- Support an A/B testing roadmap for continuous email optimization
- Troubleshoot display, rendering and delivery issues (across various browsers, clients, devices)
- Design engaging and effective email templates consistent with Vrbo’s brand standards and creative guidelines
- Work within a Design Language with a modular approach in mind
- Manage a “library” of email designs and components so content is accessible by other designers within our department
- Support a global versioning for 15+ brands/regions and multiple languages
- Support development of new email campaigns, programs and processes
- Maintain awareness of email and marketing trends and make recommendations on optimization practices and standard methodologies
- Optimize and refine your work and existing HTML for better performance and opportunities to add personalization and dynamic elements
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is an absolutely necessary skill.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking
- At least 5 years of email marketing and/or web production experience
- Responsive design perspective with a mobile-first mentality
- Highly proficient in Sketch as well as Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong knowledge and experience designing for and coding HTML
- Expert in CSS and all of the different email client quirks related to styling emails
- Comfortable using node-based development tools on your local machine
- React experience is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting display, rendering, and delivery issues (across various browsers, clients, devices) using tools like Litmus
- Strong web asset production, interactive design and typography skills with an understanding of web design best practices pertaining to e-commerce
- Should be well versed in the limitations of email clients and how to design attractive and effective emails within those constraints. Experience in Eloqua, Marketo or other email delivery platforms a plus.
- Bonus points for experience with Message Gears, Razor code and/or FreeMarker
- Comfort in asking probing questions until direction is well understood; able to constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with people in senior positions to you
- Actively seeks feedback to inform and improve your design
- Keen photography eye. Our product is our properties and your perspective in identifying the right kind of property photos will drive email success.
- Punctuality mindset. You take deadlines seriously and have the ability to navigate asks in order to deliver your work on time and on spec consistently.
- Modular or Atomic design mindset. You think of design not just as a single execution, but as a solution that can be replicated across multiple campaigns for efficiency.
- Optimism. You maintain a positive energy that inspires those around you.
- Detail obsession. Every pixel matters to you. Clean code is a requirement in your eyes.
About the Creative Dept.
The Creative Department is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on channels, and technical initiatives that include content automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the Vrbo story around the world.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.