Graphic Design Intern
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN- HOME OFFICE- KENDRA SCOTT
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Kendra Scott Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of our fast-growing, multi-category, fashion lifestyle brand. We value all of our interns and commit to providing a comprehensive learning experience that aligns with individual interests and career goals.
• 10-week, paid experience in Austin, TX
• Relocation assistance is not provided
• Resume and Cover Letter are required and must be submitted at the time of your application in order to be considered
• Applicants should apply for the internship they are most interested in pursuing. Applicants that apply for multiple opportunities will not be considered
• Sponsorship assistance is not provided at this time
• The deadline for internship applications is December 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST
• Candidates will be informed of their status throughout our process, with final offers being extended by February 28, 2019
What You Will Learn:
• Real world knowledge of working cross-functionally in a fast growing, multi-channel business that values customers, employees and giving back
• Sharpen your strengths through on the job training and learn new skills in the many departments that support a growing organization
• Hands on strategizing and planning
• Participation in regular staff meetings and events
We have an exciting opportunity to support the rapid growth of our brand and create compelling marketing materials to promote season campaigns, new product launches, store expansions and openings, and so much more! Reporting to our Events Graphic Designer, our Graphic Design Intern will assist in delivering creative and artful marketing materials. This role combines the need for help with company-wide event collateral, wholesale marketing support, and seasonal brand initiatives.
• The Graphic Design Intern will partner with both the Events Graphic Designer and the Wholesale Graphic Designer to create compelling and revenue driving marketing collateral.
• Projects will vary between printed and digital collateral, and require continual cross departmental collaboration.
• Projects include, but aren’t limited to:
1. Creating fun and compelling, customer-facing event invites for the field.
2. Assisting with the maintenance of the backend invite portal used by store event managers.
3. Creating bounce backs for both the corporate events team and the field. This type of project will require printer communication and a chance to learn more about print production.
4. Help brainstorm creative swag, mural, and activation ideas.
5. Assist with line lists and other wholesale selling support materials.
6. Partnering with the graphic design team to assist with seasonal campaign production work.
7. Creating e-blasts and print collateral for wholesale.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• The ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm)
• Availability to work May 20- July 26, 2019. Consideration will be given for special life events with the exception of Internship Orientation (Monday, May 20th)
o Memorial Day & Fourth of July will be observed as company holidays
• A portfolio submission- candidates should either include a link to their online portfolio or combine their resume & portfolio into one PDF
• Must understand and be able to proficiently work in the Adobe Suite- Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign specifically
• A clear understanding of design principals such as composition, typography, and color
• Must have a creative eye and be willing to push the boundaries to find innovative and original solutions to design problems
• Familiarity with print production and printer communication
• An understanding of digital design basics
• Willingness to jump into new projects and be flexible within a team setting.
• The ability to demonstrate strong leadership among peers and across the organization.
• A high level of accountability, reliability and initiative.
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong ability to build relationship with co-workers and keep others informed
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy