Graphic Design Lead at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateWho Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Graphic Design Lead, come in.About This Role
This job is responsible for the development and execution of wide-ranging design requests, including internal and customer-facing projects exclusively for products on AppSumo.com.On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Designing original and existing assets that support AppSumo product promotion: internal collateral, product pages, social media assets, emails, web banners, ads, etc.
- Owning the entire design process from start to finish relating to all products featured on AppSumo.com
- Actively participating in brainstorming and helping to maintain a creative and fun design team culture
This is a unique role that requires crystal clear communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to keep deadlines and deliverables straight at once. If you're the planner of your friend group, we want to talk to you.Required Skills
- 2+ years of design experience, preferably in a startup environment
- Passionate about design and how it affects brands and our world
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator) and preferably Figma
- Digital experience: Banner design, web, email design, and social media design
- Understanding of UX design and the ability to discuss and design responsively and mobile-first.
- Highly functioning within a fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously while keeping a cool, positive, and upbeat attitude.
- Hunger to learn and a curious demeanor that is consistently seeking out creative opportunities above and beyond the "day-to-day" tasks.
In the first three months of this role, success means full ownership of the design process of the AppSumo product line. This includes crafting design assets, leading production designers, delivering projects on time, and establishing and upgrading internal processes.Why work for us?
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech necessary to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you want to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as necessary, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.