Growth Product Designer
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 900,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started!
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, tight-knit team that is passionate about our purpose. We work hard, learn together and laugh together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose and who bring their own unique quirkiness. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us! We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we ensure our employees have access to perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Growth Product Designer role
As a Product Designer embedded on the Growth Squad you will play an important role in contributing to the experience on A Cloud Guru’s website while championing our customers' success and identifying growth opportunities. You will analyze data and develop experiments to make informed design decisions. You will work collaboratively with our marketing team, developers and product managers from Austin to Melbourne on new and innovative ideas engaging our gurus in ways that are truly meaningful to them and their needs.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Get to know our customers, collaborate on A/B tests, and analyze data while constantly looking for new opportunities to innovate
- Use customer insights and testing to drive design decisions for the A Cloud Guru website. Identifying opportunities and solutions
- Carry ideas from mockups to final designs. Help champion building design systems and processes working with other members of the design team.
- Own our conversion optimization and working with agencies and our developers to analyze and make recommendations
We are looking for someone who can:
- Relentlessly champion our customers while defining user experience and growth opportunities working with a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Showcase awesome design skills on products, websites or features shipped in past experience
- Analyze engagement metrics and rapidly iterate designs and user flows with an eye towards constant improvement
- Showcase strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- A love for productive collaboration, brainstorming design concepts, and desire to work with a group of smart people who are passionate about our mission
- Present a customer focused design mentality and desire to design and build products and features that have a meaningful impact
- Use design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Invision and Adobe CC to implement, present and communicate your work with the team
If you have the following experience, we'd love to hear from you!
- 4+ years working with a product team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Web Design
- Previous experience in a startup or scale-up is a plus
- Experience in creating websites and designing for user interaction
- Knowledge of design best practices
- Proficiency in visual design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Invision
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Amplitude (or equivalent analytics tools)
- Bonus points for the ability to code prototypes in HTML/CSS/JS
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.