Head of Design - UX/UI Designer at Giddy
We’re Giddy, a men’s sexual health and wellness company. Our flagship product is an ED device called Eddie, which is an FDA Registered Class II medical device. But we are so much more than that, as we also excel in creating content that’s aimed at improving the sexual health and wellness of men and their partners.
Giddy is looking for a senior level UX/UI Designer to help us re-design our existing e-commerce site: https://www.getmegiddy.com/ so that it is optimal on UX/UI and conversion rates. This person will manage the design team and guide developers to create a high-performing and polished ecommerce site.
- Review our existing website design and provide clear, new design direction for how we can better design it so that product information is presented to our core demographics in a streamlined yet effective way that makes sense. This will include: building mock-ups for our web developer to build from, explaining industry best practices to incorporate, and being able to work alongside our lead designer to ensure our brand is best represented.
- Make sure our website is designed to get as many conversions as possible.
- Decide when to produce new, recycle/redesign, and sunset stale assets.
- Work weekly with the demand generation lead to produce assets to be used for emails, blogs, paid media, etc.
- Work closely with the product marketing lead to produce exquisite deliverables that will showcase our product and appropriately accompany our messaging and copywriting.
- Use a collaborative and iterative process with fast early mockups and production-ready designs, inviting feedback at all stages.
- Evolve our brand guidelines towards a more intentional and integrated design system spanning brand, product, and marketing.
- 6+ Years of e-commerce UX Design
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, mockups and prototypes optimized mobile & desktop based on best practices, user data/research, A/B testing, and design trends (with a mobile first mentality).
- A Radical and diverse design portfolio, proving an eye for innovation, color, typography, layout, and spatial awareness.
- Marketing experience and knowledge
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Some motion graphics knowledge a plus
- HTML & CSS Familiarity
- Fluency in Adobe’s Creative Cloud software, and/or proficiency in Sketch and other interactive mockup software
- Keenness for rigorous use of project management software (e.g. Asana)
- User research and surveying experience (e.g. heatmaps, clickmaps, and scrollmaps)
- Ambition and the ability to lead tasks in a startup environment
- Experience with Unbounce and/or other page builders
- Experience with hubspot and designing emails within hubspot
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- Communication, collaboration and teamwork
- Design thinking
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines
- A user-centric mindset
- Attention to detail
- Creative and analytical approach
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Strong proficiency in industry tools such as Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, any other CC skills a plus), Sketch, InVision, and good old pen and paper
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences