Instructional Design Manager at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Art + Science + People
Do you want to make a difference? Blackbaud University’s mission is to provide world-class education for technology and best practices to enable social good. Use your skill for design(art), your love of project management (science), and your drive to empower and mentor a team (people) to create impact in the social good arena.
Sound like your dream job? Join Blackbaud University to work across departments, verticals, and products to achieve extraordinary learning experiences to delight our nonprofit students. The Education Services group is comprised of world-class instructional designers who work with the product, support, services and education team to create amazing courseware for Blackbaud’s products.
The Education Services group is seeking management talent that has the gift of innovative thinking, a broad exposure to instructional design driven by passion, and the expertise to a lead instruction design team pushing the envelope on rapid courseware development and immersive experiences. The Instructional Design Manager must possess strong leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate, inspire, and advise instructional design teams, as well as excellent communication skills across teams and levels. The Instructional Design Manager is a trend setter and a business leader, looking to improve and expand the education business.
- Lead the creation and execution of an education content strategy across multiple product lines
- Lead the design and development of learning deliverables such as interactive eLearning, tutorials, and live-online training materials.
- Research and implement new and emerging technologies/processes to evolve the Blackbaud U courseware offerings, creating marketable offerings specific to non-profit clients.
- Evolve Blackbaud’s course design philosophy, tools, and processes to match the rapid development cycle of SaaS product release.
- Manage the organization's portfolio of course projects from inception and design phase to production and release.
- Closely partner with project manager and scrum process used to organize development and foster peer accountability.
- Lead the capacity planning process for your team, aligning projects with capacity, and making prioritization decisions.
- Measure courseware efficacy and profitability.
- Recruit, retain, and develop instructional designers capable of delivering high quality services.
- Coach, mentor, and develop employees in design best practices, communication, and project management.
- Lead training efforts / plans for new education product launches.
- 2+ years of experience developing courseware – specifically on-demand eLearning preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager and/or organization leader
- Preferred expertise in Storyline 360, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience in leading geo-distributed teams
- Experience working with an LMS (Cornerstone preferred) to deliver courseware.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.