Instructional Designer, Learning Experience
Instructional Designer, Learning Experience
Aceable is looking for an Instructional Designer to lead Aceable’s Instructional Design process on the Learning Experience Team supporting our products across the web, Android, and iOS platforms. You will be working with content writers, visual communication designers, and video producers to create a best-in-class learning experience across multiple domains and for students throughout the U.S.
Aceable is an e-learning company that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver’s education courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin 2017, 2018, and 2019 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017, Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many students’ lives as possible.
About the Learning Experience Team
Our Learning Experience team is a crackerjack force of instructional designers, writers, graphic designers and video producers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students.
As an Aceable Instructional Designer, you’ll help set the vision for our Learning Experience Team and lay the groundwork for its continued growth. You’ll advocate for users and take ownership of the LX process. You should be obsessed with simplicity and fascinated by human behavior.
Things You’ll Do at Aceable
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to identify the learning needs of the target audience in regulated industries
- Evaluate state-regulated specifications for course content, and in collaboration with stakeholders, create storyboards, timelines and define deliverables for content writers and visual communications teams
- Work with content writers and the visual communications team to plan projects
- Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of course content
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Apply adult learning principles and best practices in instructional design to all activities
- Build strong relationships with internal teams to leverage internal tools and resources
- Analyze user data to improve user onboarding experience, learning, and enjoyment
- Prior work experience, 3+ years (preferably in the e-learning industry) as a project manager, instructional designer, learning experience designer, instructional technologist or similar role
- High energy, proactive, problem solver; Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and multimedia principles
- Ability to demonstrate effective project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Vision, Initiative, and ability to plan and execute
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent English both written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders across the company
- Master Degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Curriculum Design, Educational Psychology or a closely related field
- Experience working with e-learning platforms, instructional design or education content building
- Experience using the ADDIE model, SAM, and/or backward design and prominent learning theories
- Teaching, training and facilitation experience a plus
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.