Instructional Designer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’ve adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.GoDaddy’s instructional design team develops high-quality training for employees around the world. In this role, you’ll work with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other learning professionals to design and develop self-paced, blended, and instructor-led training through technology-based learning programs.
You'll use your instructional design and project management abilities to create dynamic learning experiences that reach thousands of employees around the world - from new employees, to senior leadership. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities and deadlines only inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions.
You’re passionate about the learner experience, you’re always looking for ways to make it better, and consider experimentation part of your development practice. You welcome feedback as a friendly and constructive tool for improving both yourself and the team.
You’re always looking to learn a new tool, promoting your professional development, and you’re most comfortable when presented with a challenge to solve.
What you’ll do:
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of training materials
- Apply the basic principles of adult learning theory to identify options, and recommend the most appropriate learning strategy to meet business and performance objectives.
- Scope, design, and develop creative, learner-centered training programs to support a variety of delivery types, including: instructor-led, virtual, blended, and self-paced training.
- Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
- Actively participate and/or facilitate in-person or virtual meetings as needed to support learning projects
- You’ll develop in multiple modalities including synchronous and asynchronous remote learning, classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules and simulations, videos, facilitator guides, student guides, job aides, and resource materials.
- You’ll collaborate with multiple stakeholders and other learning on projects to ensure effective instructional design, and excellent visual design.
- Provide enhancements and revisions to existing materials based on SME/Stakeholder feedback
- Ensure best practices standardization across all projects, content and sites.
What you’ll need:
- 3 - 5 years of instructional design and curriculum development experience creating instructor-led and eLearning training
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory best practices and experience designing content with various tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of: Word, Adobe Acrobat, Articulate Storyline, PowerPoint, and comfort learning new tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Camtasia/Premiere Pro/comparable video editing tool preferred
- Experience turning raw source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging learning experiences
- Experience with creating technical documentation, collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure course development of complex concepts is accurate, concise, and clear
- Strong project and time management skills, strong ability to track multiple tasks while meeting deadlines with speed and quality in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, vetting and refining each deliverable to highest quality
- Working knowledge of learning and content management systems
- Cultural intelligence and cross-cultural communication
- Excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English
- A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be required as part of the hiring process
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.