Instructional Designer at Blackbaud
Are you a creative thinker with and a passion for lifelong learning, paired with a desire to elevate social good organizations?
Blackbaud University provides interactive courses to enable both the technical skill and the nonprofit savvy of our customers. Art and science work hand-in-hand in the development of our in-person, virtual instructor-led, and eLearning classes, and our team is seeking a full-time instructional designer to build education content for our cloud solutions.
With an understanding of best practices and world-class courseware, the ideal candidate brings a combination of experience in adult learning, nonprofit organizations, and the creation of amazing educational materials. The instructional designer role will:
· Design and develop effective, engaging courseware
· Collaborate with subject matter experts, instructors, and peers
· Prioritize and manage projects to completion and meet desired milestones
· Build productive relationships and communicate with cross-functional teams
· Align to rapid product release cycles with flexibility and poise
· Support certification question writing
· Follow corporate and team style and graphic guidelines
During the application process, you may be asked to provide 2-5 samples of your best and most recent work – please have those handy to expedite the process.
· At least 1 sample should be a PowerPoint presentation
· Other samples can include anything that showcases your writing skills and/or design savvy – if you provide a website, please direct us to specific examples on the site
· Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
· Proven ability to learn new technology quickly
· Exceptional writing skills
· Design savvy
· Less than 5% travel is required
Additional desired skills:
· Knowledge of Blackbaud products
· Experience working with social good organizations