Instructional Designer at Aceable
ABOUT THE ROLE
Aceable is looking for an Instructional Designer to lead Aceable’s Instructional Design process on the Learning Experience Team supporting our products across the web, Android, and iOS platforms. You will be working with content writers, visual communication designers, and video producers to create a best-in-class learning experience across multiple domains and for students throughout the U.S.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a welcoming, fun, and driven group of instructional designers, writers, video producers, and graphic designers with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses that move beyond digital substitution. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use research, state-regulated curriculum and subject matter experts to identify the learning needs of a target audience in regulated industries
- Evaluate state-regulated specifications for course content, and in collaboration with stakeholders, create outlines and define project parameters for instructional writers and visual communications teams
- Collaborate with instructional writers and the visual communications team to develop and execute projects
- Provides solutions and clarification to student questions via Zendesk to help and assist the course instructor as needed
- Devise modes of assessment to measure the effectiveness of course content
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Apply adult learning principles and best practices in instructional design to all activities
- Build strong relationships with internal teams to leverage internal tools and resources
- Analyze student data to improve student onboarding experience, learning, and enjoyment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience (preferably in the e-learning industry) as a project manager, instructional designer, learning experience designer, instructional technologist or similar role
- High energy, proactive, problem solver; Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and multimedia principles
- Ability to demonstrate effective project management
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Vision, Initiative, and ability to plan and execute
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent English both written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders across the company
- Master Degree in Instructional Technology, Education, Curriculum Design, Educational Psychology or a closely related field
- Experience working with e-learning platforms, instructional design or education content building
- Experience using the ADDIE model, SAM, and/or backward design and prominent learning theories
- Teaching, training and facilitation experience a plus
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.