Instructional Designer at LegalZoom
Taking care of customers is our passion here at LegalZoom. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience while helping them fulfill their own passions.
As our Instructional Designer, you will have an impact on our employees’ experience within our Fulfillment organization who are responsible for the processing and delivery of LegalZoom’s core product segments including SMB, Consumer and Attorney Assist / Intellectual Property.
You will analyze tasks, jobs and target audience requirements (needs analysis). This will allow you to use your creativity to curate engaging training strategies and materials and ultimately close gaps between current and desired performance.
The instructional products, materials, programs and tasks that this position will develop may include but are not limited to:
- (Re)Design of instructor-led materials
- Supportive learning materials such as job aids or tip sheets
- On-the-Job training programs
- eLearning (blend of self-paced and instructor-led)
- Multi-media solutions
- Updates to existing materials
Instructional Designers demonstrate knowledge of/ability to:
- Demonstrates skills and experience in rollout and implementation of organization-wide efforts/projects
- Effectively multi-task and manage complex, multi-divisional projects
- Plan, organize and execute plans in a timely manner
- Meet aggressive deadlines
- Familiarity with contact center service channels, metrics and technologies to (e.g., Salesforce, email, IVR/ACD), preferred
- Demonstrate skills in effective communication through the exchange of information and ideas in ways that promote mutual understanding and effective decision-making
- Respond readily to changes in the industry, environment, or organization and take constructive steps to address them
- Be coachable and implement feedback
- Proficient in MS Office programs and experience with Articulate 360 software
- Exceptional written skills
- 2+ years of experience required in:
- Applying instructional systems design and development models, principles, and practices
- Applying adult learning theory and methodology in training curriculum
- Designing instructional materials, performance support products, and On-the-Job training programs
- Conducting task, competencies and job analysis
- Developing online and paper based instruction
- Forming and presenting recommendations to stakeholders
- BS, BA, or Certification in instructional design, educational technology or similar field preferred
- Must have flexible schedule, including availability for overtime during evenings, weekends and holidays
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.