Instructional Designer at LegalZoom
Come join the LegalZoom team as an Instructional Designer. The LegalZoom team is building the next frontier of services for our customers: business tax advisory and preparation. As an Instructional Designer, you will also assess our current structure, recommend, build, and deliver training. This role is an exciting opportunity for detail-oriented individuals with a passion for working with small business customers and empowering them to succeed in a dynamic new part of the LegalZoom team.
The ideal candidate will be local to the Austin, TX location, but open remotely to the state of Texas.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct end-to-end analysis for learning needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to design performance-based courses aligned to identified objectives and target population characteristics.
- Demonstrate the ability to create content geared towards learners at all levels
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Communicates clearly at multiple levels and with diverse audiences.
- Exhibits organization skills and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates project management skills.
- Promotes change that supports the business strategy.
- Possesses a general understanding of learning styles.
- Works well independently and in a team setting.
- Learning how to utilize metrics to manage and assess deliverables.
- Quickly pivot to meet changing priorities
- Ability to channel technical tax training into digestible training materials
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience building and deploying curriculum.
- Proficient in developing both Instructor-led and Web-based training using a variety of software tools.
- Demonstrate experience in adult learning theory.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Articulate