Instructional Designer at LegalZoom
*This position is Remote until Jan 2022
Must reside in Austin, TX
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped to provide millions of customers the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
As our Instructional Designer, you will have an impact on our employees’ experience within our Fulfillment organization who are responsible for the processing and delivery of LegalZoom’s core product segments including SMB, Consumer and Attorney Assist / Intellectual Property.
You will analyze tasks, jobs and target audience requirements (needs analysis). This will allow you to use your creativity to curate engaging training strategies and materials and ultimately close gaps between current and desired performance.
- (Re)Design of instructor-led materials
- Supportive learning materials such as job aids or tip sheets
- On-the-Job training programs
- eLearning (blend of self-paced and instructor-led)
- Multi-media solutions
- Updates to existing materials
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates skills and experience in rollout and implementation of organization-wide efforts/projects
- Effectively multi-task and manage complex, multi-divisional projects
- Plan, organize and execute plans in a timely manner
- Meet aggressive deadlines
- Familiarity with contact center service channels, metrics and technologies to (e.g., Salesforce, email, IVR/ACD), preferred
- Demonstrate skills in effective communication through the exchange of information and ideas in ways that promote mutual understanding and effective decision-making
- Respond readily to changes in the industry, environment, or organization and take constructive steps to address them
- Be coachable and implement feedback
- Proficient in MS Office programs and experience with Articulate 360 software
- Exceptional written skills
- 2+ years of experience required in:
- Applying instructional systems design and development models, principles, and practices
- Applying adult learning theory and methodology in training curriculum
- Designing instructional materials, performance support products, and On-the-Job training programs
- Conducting task, competencies and job analysis
- Developing online and paper based instruction
- Forming and presenting recommendations to stakeholders
- BS, BA, or Certification in instructional design, educational technology or similar field preferred
- Must have flexible schedule, including availability for overtime during evenings, weekends and holidays
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.