Lead Design Researcher at Bright Health
- Structure human-centered research and lead the internal and partner teams through fieldwork, analysis of findings and insight development.
- Connect insights to design and collaborate with teammates to create digital tools to improve the health of the consumers we serve.
- Play a vital role as an integrated member of the larger product design team
- Regularly collaborate with designers, strategists, engineers, marketers, product analysts, and product managers.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Create deliverables, reports, presentations, and/or videos to document and bring to life insights in an engaging and inspiring way
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Six (6) years or more of design research experience with a strong portfolio of examples (insights, interview guides, recruitment criteria, artifacts, etc).
- A minimum of six (6) years of qualitative research experience with a proven ability to scope research, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews, perform desk research, lead synthesis and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize research findings and to uncover and articulate insights that will inform and inspire design
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills; fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and partners with user-driven rationale
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and speed; we are looking for people who can maintain a high degree of rigor throughout, but who also experiment in their approach and methodology.
- Experience using technology and digital methods to uncover needs (e.g.: experience conducting online ethnography, implementing remote user studies, moderating/monitoring online communities, collaborating with developers to build web or digital prototypes to gather feedback, etc.).