Lead Designer - Buyer Experience at Atlassian (Remote)
Do you love complex problems, helping people find exactly the right product solution, and making it seem simple? Atlassian has an outstanding opportunity for you! We are searching for a Lead Product Designer to join our Buyer Experience Team in San Francisco. Our team partners creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketers, engineers, analysts, and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers as they evaluate and purchase Atlassian products.
We're a rapidly growing software company that does not rely on a sales team, so our core websites (like www.atlassian.com and bitbucket.org ) are the growth engine of our business-and we need you to help make them amazing. Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, seeking to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for diligent, energetic designers to help us.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a passion for driving outstanding solutions that balance customer and business needs.
- You're a born collaborator who listens carefully and communicates clearly.
- Your record of shipping quality experiences and service experiences will dazzle us.
- You believe in constantly pushing to improve, learn, and do more to help customers through great experiences.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the design work across our core web user experiences
- Collaborate with senior marketing and business leadership to establish principles and architecture for our core websites
- With your cross-functional team, develop a keen understanding of our users and their needs-whether through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualization
- From this understanding, you'll craft experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and the capabilities that Atlassian products can provide for them
More about you:
- You have a track record of delivering outcomes. We'll ask for specific examples where you've planned and driven product direction autonomously.
- You can lead and inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you built consensus with cross-functional peers, key partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- As a very senior member of the product design team, you inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues. Sharing processes, skills and experience with others to help up-skill the entire team.
- You're a storyteller, who also brings strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Experience with strategies for utilizing data including qualitative and quantitative feedback to drive awesome web experiences.
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in the latest tools.
- Bonus points for experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes!
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.