Lead Graphic Designer at FloSports
FloSports is looking for a well-rounded, experienced Graphic Designer to help create cutting-edge, custom designs for our marketing department. This person will be responsible for attacking a wide range of projects from campaigns, animated hype videos, landing pages and more. We're looking for someone with the hunger to jump on a variety of tasks, the proven ability to translate requirements into creative designs and the willingness to learn and grow by putting aside their ego. This position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Create and iterate client-facing deliverables on time across multiple platforms, including web, print, digital and social
- Ability to create appropriate design deliverables at every stage of the design lifecycle, such as conceptual sketches, mockups, templated systems and detailed executions
- Provide multiple solutions to a given design challenge
- Work with senior creative leadership to develop design specs for production and development teams
- Defend and articulate design iterations and clearly present the concepts before and after feedback is provided
- 5+ years design experience within a marketing team
- Experience in a variety of creative tactics (print, web design, digital, social etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to defend great ideas while being receptive to feedback
- Programming skills, including WordPress experience is a big plus
- Exceptionally organized, detail and deadline-driven
- Proven experience creating and maintaining trusting working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Possess a natural sense of urgency in approaching work
- Proactive, dynamic interpersonal style
- Good business acumen
- Ability to prioritize and execute competing requests by leveraging resources and have good understanding when to escalate or ask for additional help
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment