Lead UX Researcher at Diligent Robotics
Diligent Robotics is an A.I. company with a big vision – to transform the future of work. We are creating robot assistants that empower people to focus on the creative and problem-solving aspects of their jobs. Moxi is our hospital robot assistant that helps nurses and other clinical staff with logistical, non-patient-facing tasks so they have more time for patient care. Our mission is to free up nurses to focus on those parts of their job they care about - providing comfort and relief, connecting with patients, clinical problem solving – rather than doing the busy work that increasingly takes them away from the bedside.
We’re looking for our first full-time UX researcher to help us transform the future of people-centered healthcare. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the direction of our product and to help shape the future of hospital service robots. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed founding team of social robotics experts that is bringing cutting-edge research into commercial reality. The challenges are immense. With your talent and passion, we will get there faster.
What you will do
Our company is deeply committed to human centered design and ensuring that all aspects of our product are grounded in a rich understanding of customer needs. As our Lead UX researcher, you will play an integral role in gaining a deep understanding of hospital workflows, challenges, and unmet needs and identifying opportunities for impact. You will work closely and collaboratively with our engineering and product team to ensure that these learnings are instantiated in all aspects of our solution. You will also design and implement strategies for capturing the impact of our hospital service robots on hospital workflows, and ensure that as a company, we are making research-validated, data-driven decisions about the direction and impact of our product.
- Design research protocols for requirements gathering, identifying customer needs, and capturing impact of robots on clinical workflows
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data through fieldwork on-site with customers, and synthesize it into actionable insights
- Distill research insights into reports, user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use-case summaries to inform product development
- Manage overlapping UX initiatives across different product service lines
- Work closely with engineering to understand requirements gathering and data collection needs, and to integrate research insights into the development process.
- Present your work to stakeholders and counterparts, supporting your findings with clarity and transparency
- Travel to customer sites for data collection
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in UX research with a product
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and their application
- Experience conducting field work/ethnography, semi-structured interviews, workflow analysis, quantitative data collection
- Experience with research study design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience conducting UX research in healthcare
- Experience conducting UX research with hardware/physical devices
- Experience leading and managing multiple ongoing projects
- Comfort with questioning product decisions to ensure they are grounded in data
- Deep desire to be customer obsessed, to understand their challenges, figure out how they think, and capture their feedback and insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – ability to interact with a variety of customers from end users to decision makers, and to convey learnings and results in a clear and accessible manner