Lead UX Researcher
Are you interested in working at the intersection of customer experience and Natural Language Processing? This could be the role for you!
Expedia Group (EG) is building the Travel Platform to bring the world within reach for millions of customers. As part of this, we are building EG's Conversation Platform, which automates the most complicated travel journeys and intelligently connects travelers, suppliers, and customer service agents. Our Chatbots use AI to learn new capabilities and continuously improve through network effects.
Along with our traveler facing tools and chatbots, a large part of the Conversation Platform is developing a means for internal and external partners to build and configure applications on top of the platform, as well as understanding how well their products are performing through analytics. As a User Experience Researcher, you will carry out research within a fast-paced environment to deliver valuable insights.
What you'll do:
- Own strategic research efforts across several product areas.
- Conduct generative research to impact your product teams through storytelling.
- Collaborate with product and UX teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present meaningful insights.
- Plan, design, and lead research strategy that inform business, marketing, product and design decisions for multiple product areas.
- Determine what to focus on, based on business objectives and knowledge gaps.
- Define and consolidate quantitative and qualitative research, including surveys, lab-based usability studies, field studies, and more to provide insights on requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design.
- Work closely with partners across multiple teams to clearly define and prioritize user research needs and lead efforts to execute on necessary research.
- Identify and recommend the best methods to answer research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience across your products
- Describe and present your methods, design explorations and tradeoff rationale to peers, team partners, product partners, UX leadership & executives
- Estimate work effort and define needed what needs to be done
Who you are:
- More than 5 years professional experience, with proven success working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus) or equivalent work experience
- We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation and the desire and skills to deliver quickly.
- Deep practical experience with various research methods.
- Advanced ability to articulate and visualize both qualitative and qualitative results
- Experience working firsthand with UX design and software product teams
- Ability to develop creative, flexible and rapid approaches to user experience problems
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers, and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing, or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.