Lead, UX Researcher at Unity Technologies
Unity’s Live & Digital Product & Marketing organization is looking for a Lead, UX Research to lead user experience research across the Unity.com ecosystem. Ultimately, you will be responsible for working directly with the UX/UI Design and Product teams to ensure we’re delivering the best online experiences to our users.
In this role, you are an advocate of the user. You will create research plans that generate actionable insights, which will inform the creation of simple, elegant solutions for both B2B and B2C user flows. Additionally, you are familiar with most component patterns and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Finally, you have an exceptional conversational skill-set so that you can pivot flawlessly between customers and internal stakeholders without any clarity or quality lost. You understand the Live & Digital organization’s mission and business strategy and prioritize accordingly. You will need to hire and grow the team. This role resides in the UX/UI Design team and reports into the Sr. Director, Digital Product & Marketing.
- Build deep customer understanding across cross-functional teams
- Consistently deliver insightful UX research projects on time and to the highest quality, while coaching less experienced team members
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of digital product experiences
- Work with UX/UI designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, sometime ambiguous, and changing environment
- Generate reports that identify study findings (quantitative and qualitative) and recommendations that drive improved design, user experience and content discovery
- Excels in a fast paced, dynamic, and international environment
- Experience leading research initiatives that inform product & design direction
- Experience with user research methodologies and studies
- A firm understanding of information architecture and user flow
- Experience with user testing, surveys, and customer interviews
- Proactive communicator and master organizer
- Past experience working with eCommerce websites a plus
- Familiarity with usertesting.com, hotjar, and other insight platforms
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.