Lead Web Designer at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Lead Web Designer
Do you get goosebumps when you land on a beautifully designed website? Is it impossible to resist clicking around that website, breathing in the design elements, scrutinizing CTAs, buttons, and menus? If so, this role is most definitely for you.
Levelset is looking for a Lead Web Designer focused on ideating and crafting design-driven web experiences. Working with a team of incredibly talented marketers, UX designers and illustrators, the Lead Web Designer will be responsible for ideating, wire-framing, polishing and collaborating with front-end developers who will bring your designs to life.
Being Lead Web Designer at Levelset is no easy task. We will be asking a lot from you. We expect you to be very comfortable leading web projects as the most senior person on the design team from start to finish. We expect you to be fully capable of stepping up and punching above your weight class to deliver world class work.
We expect you to join the action, get your hands dirty, show amazing crafting skills, but also delegate tasks and feel proud when your team delivers great work. We expect you to lead by example, formalize design guidelines as you execute projects, and build a culture of consistency.
As a web Lead Web Designer, you’ll be invited to quite a few new business discussions. There we expect you to apply your vision of what a project could be, working with product and marketing leaders to define timelines and deliverables. During a project we expect you to have a full perspective, remain accountable, and stay connected with your team
We expect you to be able to zoom out and back in again, being very focused when it comes to ideas and execution, but also keeping things cohesive when looking at the big picture from a strategic level.
We expect you to have a very strong point of view, but also to be open to other people’s ideas. There are no bad designers, only bad leaders. Yes, you are a driven designer who learns new skills and applies them to projects. A good collaborative attitude is everything to be successful in this role.Key Responsibilities
- Understand, internalize and promote our design systems so all designers remain in sync and on-brand in all areas of our website and product
- Collaborate with the Website and Product teams to understand their goals to create your own monthly/quarterly design roadmap
- Rapidly design and build landing pages for paid media and demand-gen campaigns.
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize projects based on company initiatives and needs
- Generate website wireframes and final designs for new and existing pages (desktop & mobile) at a high velocity
- Constantly add detail and seek feedback from project stakeholders to hone the direction
- Bring wireframes to life with world class design
- Evolve and uphold brand and design guidelines for web and public-facing product pages
- Obtain buy in with stakeholders to finalize web designs and collaborate with the website team
- Constantly strive to improve your web pages by partnering with our web team to run measurable experiments by A/B testing design elements to drive specific outcomes
- Constantly seek inspiration from industry players with excellent design and apply ideas to your work
- Pitch in and help the collateral design team with visual design projects when needed
We will know we made great hire in a year from now if
- Our marketing website and public products are on-brand and have a consistent visual style across the Levelset universe
- Marketing and product teams feel in-sync with your well-communicated processes, project roadmap, and execution timelines
- Your web-designs surprise and delight everyone from project owners, to the CMO, to our prospects and customers
- Team members from Levelset look to you for leadership, inspiration, and help on design projects
- You have earned certificates from online classes to improve your skills and understanding of the ever changing web design landscape
- Key pages of the Levelset website receive constant design updates to improve UX, conversion and wow-factor
- 3+ years working as a visual web designer
- An existing strong portfolio of related visual web design work
- A deep desire to WOW with magic
- A fascination with understanding Levelset’s customer and delivering a simple user experience
- A keen sense of design principles and a discerning design eye
- A track record of working cross functionally with multiple teams to deliver results
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to keep learning
- Mastery of modern, web based design tools
- Solid, clear, precise and inspirational communication style
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.