Manager, Global Design & Construction at Cloudflare (Austin, TX)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
At Cloudflare, we are leading the industry around how we think about our physical office spaces. We are running a global experiment, redefining our existing environments and creating new ones so that when our teams come together, they are inspired and have the resources they need to work together effectively and in a whole new way.
In this role, you will be responsible for making sure that we are always pushing the boundaries of our high-performance spaces, leading the planning, design, and construction efforts of office projects globally. You will partner with cross-functional teams within the company, as well as external partners, to ensure that our projects are meeting their current needs and anticipating their future goals. You will help us to select the best partners for every project and inspire them to do the best work of their careers as they design and construct our projects under your expert guidance and coordination. Just a few of your responsibilities will include leading RFPs, defining project scope and budget, managing schedules, as well as creating new processes to make sure that we can execute quickly with the ability to scale.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a keen eye for detail, critical thinking and creative problem solving while being passionate about innovating and experimenting with the ability to pivot quickly.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Real Estate and Workplace.What you'll do
- Manage multiple projects at once across multiple time zones, ranging in scope and size from small refresh projects to 50,000+ square feet tenant improvement projects.
- Define, oversee, and manage all facets of projects including vendor onboarding and contracts, programming, design, construction, budget, schedule, quality, and close out.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Global Real Estate & Workplace, Head of Global Facilities, Physical Security, IT, local workplace operations team as well as internal customers to define project requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact between external project partners (project manager, GC, architect, furniture dealer, etc) and internal business partners (IT, Physical Security, design, etc), ensuring that the scopes for each business partner team is incorporated into the project scope and budget.
- Partner with Real Estate to evaluate new site due diligence.
- Meet regularly with local office business leads to set expectations and make sure that office strategy and design is reflective of the local team’s needs and culture.
- Build a “kit of parts” for global serviced offices that help distributed offices reflect the Cloudflare culture and work successfully in a hybrid environment.
- Partner with FP&A and Fixed Asset teams to report project cash flow and other required financials.
- Provide the strategic direction in advancing design across all offices, pushing creativity and innovation throughout all design work.
- Establish and maintain standardized processes and documentation in relation to cost estimate & budget, cash flow, vendor RFPs, onboarding and invoicing, schedule & milestones, and risk identification for projects.
- Engage consistently with Workplace Leadership to seek approval of project concept, drawings, and finishes at several stages of development
- Track and present progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines and proactively communicate status and variances.
- Assess change management needs of each project and help communicate them accordingly to internal customers.
- Close out all projects with the exchange of proper documentation and drawings, the transition of space ownership to Workplace Operations, fixed asset reporting, post-project performance evaluation, post-occupancy feedback, and recommendations for future projects.
- Work with the Workplace Operations team to respond to space usage data and user feedback to iterate and evolve space as usage and requirements change. Implement changes into existing and future designs.
- Help to ensure that construction activities are in compliance with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelors degree in related field (Interior Design, Project Management, Architecture, etc)
- Must have led global office interiors projects in excess of 100k square feet
- Minimum 5-8 years of interiors design and construction project experience at a fast-growing company
- Knowledge of technical aspects of a design and construction project (mechanical, electrical & plumbing systems, architectural principles, network, AV etc.)
- Understanding of architectural and space planning principles and programming, including supporting a full range of work styles and environments
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends, including the latest in furniture systems and future workplace concepts
- Excellent collaboration skills – working with others to find solutions to complex problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel globally as necessary
- LEED/WELL/PMP Certification and AutoCAD/REVIT skills are a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.