We are looking for an experienced Manager of UX Design to lead the UX Design vision for our Cloud Lending software team. You will be responsible for championing Q2’s User Experience Design to ensure the Cloud Lending experiences aligns with other Q2 products.
As a Manager of UX Design, you will provide subject matter expertise, developing Best Practices, and lead a team of UX Designers (located in India). The ideal candidate for this role will be self-motivated, a strategic thinker, and provide excellent communication skills to collaborate with teammates in other geographic regions. In return, you will have the opportunity to join forces with bright teammates in a fun workplace, delivering innovative, best-in-class technology to customers in the financial industry.
- Lead and create ideas into valuable, usable software experiences by defining Best Practices, prioritizing, and executing a clear UX vision roadmap in alignment with the overall Q2 strategy.
- Leading highly talented UX designers to create UX deliverables including user personas, site maps, concept maps, process flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and UI designs that effectively communicate the product architecture, layout and functionality to team members
- Deliver effective solutions and partner effectively across a matrix of cross-functional product, engineering, and leadership teams
- Work closely with the VP of Product Management to align UX roadmap and strategy with broader product vision and strategy
- Utilize data to identify problems and opportunities, and evaluate design recommendations
- Lead cross-team initiatives to enhance the quality of user experiences across our enterprise software products
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, researchers, project team members and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs while validating designs through testing and customer feedback
- Conduct formal and informal user research and testing of in-progress work, and assist in implementation of user-based testing to provide optimization of existing application; produce professional research reports
- Create and apply effective UI patterns to prototypes and mockups to ensure consistency across products
- Work with content writers to plan, create, review, and maintain UI content and help documentation
- Deliver effective presentations of ideas and concepts to cross-departmental and executive management
- Deliver appropriate design deliverables and participate in Development and QA efforts to ensure designs are developed as specified.
- Create and meet quarterly project goals and deadlines that support the organization’s annual objectives
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as the team is located in India.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Information Architecture, HCI or related field plus 6 years of professional experience in UX Design, or a comparable amount of work experience.
- 4+ years' experience in leading cross-functional design-oriented teams
- Ability to hire and mentor a team, setting and achieving performance targets that measure the success of the design team.
- Strong attention to detail, with an aesthetic sensibility that requires minimal to no art direction
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping and wireframing software (such as Axure and Sketch)
- Expert understanding of information architecture tools and techniques, including site maps, concept maps and process flows
- Experience in agile methodologies, DesignOps, lean UX, and helping teams deliver great design work faster.
- Experience working with multiple modern design tools (i.e., Sketch, Framer, Figma, Invision, etc.)
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile devices
- Experience conducting user research, including scripted usability testing, interviews, and surveys
- Proven observational and listening skills; ability to recognize user experience needs and convert into product design
- Ability to lead large-scale, cross-team initiative
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with peers and managers across teams; ability to mentor other designers
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Visual design skills
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile
- Content management experience
- Front-end development (HTML & CSS)
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.