Vrbo is looking for an experienced Motion Designer to join our internal agency, The Creative Dept. In this role you’ll help set the motion or animation direction for our video content across various marketing channels. This will include crafting content to be used within our YouTube, social, display, brand and product content channels.What You'll Do:
You will collaborate closely with other creatives and producers within our department, working towards a common goal of delivering award-winning work.
Online portfolio or reel required to apply.Who You Are:
- You understand what it means to craft stories.
- You value the importance of the fine details and your designs illustrate your obsession with those details.
- You have studied the principles of graphic design and can bend them to your will.
- You have creative confidence and commit to results.
- You know the beauty that exists in simplicity.
- You are optimistic and understand that problems are simply solutions waiting to be found.
- Strong portfolio of innovative motion design work showcasing both static designs (including storyboards and style frames) and the final animated products.
- Proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced experience in Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with additional standard design and layout applications (e.g. Sketch and InDesign).
- Strong understanding of aesthetics in design, layout, typography and color correction.
- Working knowledge of media broadcast file formats and technology.
- Experience delivering assets for paid and organic social channels.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work.
- Collaborative mind-set and ability to effectively exchange ideas and receive feedback from colleagues and project leaders.
- Experience working within an agency, production studio or broadcast environment.
- 5-7 years of experience in hands-on 2D motion design.
- Bonus points for additional video post-production experience like color grading, 3D motion design, sound design, etc.
- Critical thinking. You are comfortable saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ based on asking probing questions until direction is well understood; able to constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with people in senior positions to you.
- Collaboration. You actively seek feedback to inform and improve your ideas and designs.
- Punctuality mindset. You take deadlines seriously and have the ability to navigate asks in order to deliver your work on time and on spec consistently.
- Detail obsession. Every pixel matters to you.
- A proactive nature: You jump right into projects with both feet and are comfortable taking the lead without a lot of guidance
- A sense of humor: You thrive in environments that are filled with laughter.
The Creative Department is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and an undeniable passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing, and delivering high-caliber, multimedia marketing programs to engage and inform our travelers (B2C) and property owners/managers (B2B). We’re the dreamers and doers behind our brand, global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on channels, and creative initiatives that include content development, automation and scalability. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to grow and thrive with us as we tell the Vrbo brand story around the world.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.